We have witnessed how alcohol and recreational drug use can create distress for attendees and disrupt our recovery. In order to create an environment where we can all feel safe and stay in our feelings, we ask that you honour our mandate of no alcohol or drugs at this retreat.
Here is a list of required items:
- Shoes that slip on easily (no shoes are worn in the session rooms).
- Eco-friendly water bottle.
- An open heart and mind.
- Bedding(sheets and comforter or sleeping bag) and pillow.
Here is a list of things that you may wish to bring with you but are not required:
- Swimwear for the lake.
- Ear plugs and eye shades (if you are sharing a room).
- Hair-dryer (rooms do not have hair dryers).
- Comfortable layered clothing.
- Notebook, journal or diary.
- Rain wear or an umbrella.
- Snacks to share in the lodge area
Who is the retreat open to?
The retreat is everyone.
Room selection is based on first come, first served basis. Rooms are typically two per room, but can accommodate up to four. Registrants will need to provide there own bedding(sheets and comforter or sleeping bag) and pillow.
- Willow Lodge – A dorm style lodge, with a comfortable lounge for meeting space and kitchen facilities. Rooms have a powder room (toilet, sink). There are separate his and hers bathrooms in this lodge.
- Lakeview Lodge – A dorm style lodge, with an additional small meeting space. Bathrooms are communal.
- Rustic Cabins – 10 cabins (unheated) that can accommodate up to 14 people each. Bathroom located in the main facility.
You’re are also responsible for tidying your space before you leave.
In an effort to keep registration costs down, Friday night dinner has been eliminated.
“Mug Up” is back by popular request!!!
Friday: Mug Up
Saturday : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Mug Up.
Sunday: Breakfast and Lunch
Coffee, Teas, Hot Chocolate and fruit are available through out the day.
Some Dietary needs, Allergies and sensitivities can be accommodated. Please make us aware of your needs on the registration form.
What is included in registration cost?
Friday and Saturday night accommodation.
Retreat begins with no evening meal.
Everyone gathering at 7:00 pm.(Arrive early 4-6pm, to check in and choose your room)
Saturday: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Sessions or Workshops throughout the day
Sunday: Breakfast and Lunch .
Sessions or Workshops in the morning.
Retreat ends at 2:00 pm Sunday.
EARLY BIRD: Registrations up to August 1, 2018 – $150
REGULAR PRICE: Registrations after August 1, 2018 – $170
Early bird Registrations up to August 1, 2018. Registration closes Aug 31/18.
Sorry we can’t take registrations or payment at the door.
Please see Getting Here page
Please visit Transportation page to connect with volunteers
What does “Participant led retreat” mean?
All sessions are led by participants, they are not facilitated by paid professionals. The intent is to share knowledge and experience that has helped others on their journey of recovery.
Canoeing, Campfire, Kayaking, Paddle Boarding, Row-boating, Swimming and Ping Pong